Saturday, December 18, 2010

Date Night

My mom and sister took the boys home for a slumber party after we all saw Yogi Bear. It was a cute movie. Better than yesterday's flick.


The boys getting ready for the movie.

Husband and I did whirlwind Christmas shopping while we had the chance. I was on a mission to finish! Done but for stocking stuffers. Phew. Oh, and the boys and I will get Eric something this week, but I couldn't do that tonight with him with me.

We ate at Cool Hand Luke's, and I feel really good about my food choices. I am being a little bit obsessive right now, but it's okay. I'll settle into the WW program.

I had a 7 oz. sirloin and ate probably four ounces of it. I ordered rice pilaf and separated it into what looked to be about a 1/2 cup portion. I ordered salad with ranch on the side. I dipped corners of lettuce into it and probably used about a tablespoon's worth of dressing. I enjoyed a scrumptious sourdough roll with a smear of butter. I'm not even a huge bread fan, but these rolls are so delicious! I also had probably five bites of the ranch beans and enjoyed them so much.

I calculated everything I ate and still stayed under my points target for today! I am quite proud. I don't feel deprived. How could I when I ate steak, rice, roll, salad and beans? I didn't leave feeling so full that I could hardly move. That never feels good. I also didn't have my stomach rebel on me while we were out shopping. That is huge for me.

It's reassuring to know I can enjoy dinner out without feeling like I'm a diet freak or have to be severely restrictive.

I'm not counting them as activity points, but we also walked and walked and walked while shopping. Probably burned off the five bites of beans at the very least!

Tomorrow morning I need to deal with wrapping and hiding of the presents.

And while the kids are at Grandma's, they did some of the following things:


Played with cousins.


Made a giant cookie.


And got an early Christmas present from Grandma. My two stinkers are the little ones in the middle.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

I am so impressed by your portion control - you go, girl!

I'm glad the kids had a good time. ::smiles::